We understand the importance of supporting women at the earliest stages of their race, when that support is most needed.
At All Levels
We support women leaders at all levels of government - and we do mean all. From school board to Congress, women are needed at all levels to make a positive difference in their communities.
We support women leaders on both sides of the aisle who support women.
We are not bound by party politics or conventional thinking. We are uncompromising in our vision of more women in government and are willing to challenge the status quo to achieve it.
We want a truly representative government that reflects the diversity of our country, including women of color, LGBT women, and young women.
WCF Endorsement FAQ
I am running for office. How does the endorsement process work?
• First, request an endorsement application by contacting Clare Bresnahan at Clare (at) WCFonline.org or (202) 393-8164.
• We will send you a link to the application via email.
• Once you complete and return the application, our staff will contact you to schedule a phone interview with a member of the WCF Political Team.
• After your interview, WCF’s Political Director will make a recommendation to the Executive Committee of our Board of Directors.
• If a candidate does not initially receive the WCF endorsement, we will schedule a follow up interview to discuss points for improvement, and the endorsement may be granted later in the campaign.
• If you are a candidate seeking re-endorsement, please contact Julie Daniels for information on re-endorsement procedures.
What are the benefits of a WCF endorsement?
WCF strives to support our endorsed candidates when, where, and how it matters most to them, especially in the early stages of a race. We pride ourselves on being flexible and highly responsive. WCF supports our endorsed candidates in a variety of ways:
• Promotion on our website
• In emails and other communications to our members
• In the weekly MsRepresentation brief
• At our events, including the annual Parties of Your Choice Gala.
WCF PAC also makes financial contributions to some, but not all, of our endorsed candidates.
But I'm only running for school board...
When we say we endorse at all levels of government, we mean it. Women candidates make a different no matter what race they are in. We are proud to endorse local candidates, and we know that the candidates we support in local races often rise to higher levels of government. If you believe a WCF Endorsement would make a difference in your race, we are here to support you.
What are WCF's endorsement criteria?
WCF looks for candidates who have demonstrated leadership experience working to improve the lives of women, and a demonstrated commitment to protect reproductive health choices for all. We look for candidates who have a strong investment in their community and a record of community service. Campaigns at any stage or of any size should demonstrate professionalism, a clear organizational structure, and a plan for victory.The process is competitive, and is based upon a written application and a candidate interview.
What if my views do not exactly fit those of WCF in regards to reproductive health choices?
WCF understands that every race and every local political context is unique. If you have caveats or concerns about how your views fit with WCF’s stance on reproductive health choices and options, we encourage you to discuss your concerns in detail during your initial endorsement interview.
What should I do to prepare for my interview?
Be prepared to discuss your leadership history, why you are running, and why you believe you are the best candidate. Also, be prepared to discuss the history of this seat, the state of the race, and your campaign’s plan for victory. Tell us why a WCF Endorsement would help your race. Most importantly, be yourself!
How do I start?
• Request an endorsement application by contacting Clare Bresnahan at Clare (at) WCFonline.org or (202) 393-8164.
• If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.