We understand the importance of supporting women at the earliest stages of their race, when that support is most needed.
At All Levels
We support women leaders at all levels of government - and we do mean all. From school board to Congress, women are needed at all levels to make a positive difference in their communities.
We support women leaders on both sides of the aisle who support women.
We are not bound by party politics or conventional thinking. We are uncompromising in our vision of more women in government and are willing to challenge the status quo to achieve it.
We want a truly representative government that reflects the diversity of our country, including women of color, LGBT women, and young women.
Candidate Training Opportunities
Throughout the year, WCF offers unique training opportunities for emerging political candidates. The seminars are designed to provide women candidates at all levels of government the information they need to run successful campaigns from the very beginning.
Stay tuned for upcoming training opportunities.
As a service to our endorsed candidates, WCF also publishes a set of training materials that focus on a specific facet of campaigning. Topics covered in these tip sheets include:
- Campaign Plan Outline
- Your Budget, Your Bible
- Doing Your Homework: Research in Your Campaign
- Master Research Checklist
- Choosing the Best Database for Your Campaign
- Setting Up Your Website
- Hiring Campaign Staff
- Traits of Effective Campaign Managers
- Example Campaign Finance Director Job Description
- Questions to Ask When Interviewing a Finance Director
- Hiring and Evaluating Consultants
- Building a Strong Online Team
- Using Campaign Volunteers Effectively
- Creating and Managing a Finance Operation
- Necessary Elements of Your Finance Plan
- Fundraising Infrastructure and Tools Checklist
- Effective Fundraising Online
- Call Time Tips
- Example Finance Plan
- Example Call Sheet
- Elements of an Effective Communications Plan
- Defining Yourself: The Essential First Questions
- How to use a Message Box
- Communicating Through Traditional Media
- Communicating Online
- Effective Email Use
- Social Media Primer
- Example New Media Plan
If you are a candidate and would like access to these and other tip sheets, please contact Clare Bresnahan at (202) 393-8164 or Clare (at) wcfonline.org.